Explorify at home
Find out how Explorify can support teachers and children with their science during periods of quarantine and partial school closures.
Although schools have reopened, some pupils will at times need to learn from home. We will use this blog to bring you the latest support for teachers, parents, carers and children with their home science learning.
Explorify at home is a set of collections of activities that are based on the primary science curriculum, and which are easy for parents and carers to do with their learners at home.
You can explore all of our collections here via the links below. We will update the links with further topics as we publish them.
We've created some resources to help support teachers during phased reopenings of school and beyond. We hope you find the articles linked below useful.
What else can you do?
- Get involved in #ScienceFromHome on Twitter, where we have been sharing even more bite-sized activities that children can do from home - like the one in the picture above.
Be part of the Explorify community
- Teachers can join our Explorify Staffroom on Facebook for updates on new content, or to ask a question to the teaching community.
- You can also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any requests or suggestions for Explorify from home.
Take it further
- Visit STEM Learning, to explore their support for parents and carers with home learning.
- Watch BBC Bitesize Daily. Most Wednesdays during school closures, BBC Bitesize published a programme featuring science related to one of our activity collections. Links to watch these to our collections are above. Previous programmes including versions for Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland can be found on the iPlayer.
We have been working with our partners in the primary science world to bring you a joined-up, quality experience and will be sharing resources on our social channels as well as on our blogs, as they become available. .
In the meantime, we hope you are all adjusting to your new routines and when you are ready to explore, we will be here to help you.
The Explorify Team
Image credit: Markus Spiske via Pexels.
Updated 15th September 2020 to reflect the reopening of schools.